IPS2010 - Welcome!!
The 56th Annual Meeting of the Israel Physical Society will take place at Tel Aviv University on Sunday, December 5th, 2010.
The meeting will cover all areas of physics - Applied Physics, Astronomy & Astrophysics, Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics, Biophysics, High Energy Physics, Geophysics and Planetary Science, Materials Physics, Mesoscopic Physics & Nanosystems, Nonlinear Physics, Physics Education, Plasma Physics, Quantum Information, Soft Matter & Chemical Physics, Solid State Physics, Statistical Physics, Superconductivity & Magnetism, and more.
The Guest Keynote Lectures are:
- M. Zahid Hasan, Princeton University, "Bulk Topological Insulators and Superconductors: Discovery and the Frontier".
- Douglas D. Osheroff, Recipient of the 1996 Nobel Prize in Physics, Stanford University, "The Story Behind the Discovery of Superfluidity in Helium Three".
The Invited Review Lectures will be given by:
- Gilad Perez (WIS), "Top Physics in the large hadron collider (LHC) Era".
- Stefano Ruffo (University of Firenze), "Dynamics of systems with long-range interactions".
- Eran Sharon (HUJI), "Shaping via Active Deformation of Synthetic and Natural Elastic Sheets".
- Yaron Silberberg (WIS), "An Easy Road to High-Noon: The Photonic Schrodinger Cat".
- David Goldhaber-Gordon (Stanford), "Coherence and Interactions in an Open Quantum Dot".
Abstract submission is over.
Registration and IPS membership fee (350 NIS for faculty, 200 NIS for students, postdocs, teachers, and retired faculty) should be paid online by credit card no later than December 1st, 2010. A 50 NIS higher fee will be charged for payment at the meeting site. The fee includes IPS annual membership, conference fee, a light lunch, and beverages.
Please find further details and updated information on the IPS website: www.israelphysicalsociety.org
The organizers are available to answer questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to hosting you at Tel Aviv University.
The local organizing committee,
Ron Lifshitz (Chair)
We are extremely grateful to our sponsors:
- The Center for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Tel Aviv University
- The Mortimer & Raymond Sackler Institute of Advanced Studies, Tel Aviv University
- The Raymond & Beverly Sackler Faculty of Exact Sciences, Tel Aviv University
- The Raymond & Beverly Sackler School of Physics & Astronomy, Tel Aviv University
- The Sackler Institute for Solid State Physics, Tel Aviv University
- The Sackler Institute for Theoretical Physics, Tel Aviv University
- The Sackler Institute of Astronomy, Tel Aviv University
- Fast Laser Group
Registration - Instructions
1. Create an account on the IPS server if you don't have one already, and login to your account.
Note that if you attended the meeting last year you probably already have an account. If you don't remember your password click here to request a new one.
2. Register for the 2010 conference.
Register for the conference by credit card in advance - Save 50 NIS and avoid the long lines!
Instructions for Speakers
1. The duration of talks depends on your specific session. Please consult the online program for details.
2. In order for sessions to run smoothly we ask that you submit your presentation a few days in advance of the meeting. Detailed instructions were sent to you by E-mail on 30/11/2010.
3. Presentations should be prepared in either PowerPoint or PDF. Please contact your Session Chair if you cannot use one of these formats.
Instructions for Poster Presentations
1. Posters should fit within a square of 120cm by 120cm, and should be mounted in their assigned location no later than 12:00 on the day of the meeting, and removed by 17:30.
2. You are expected to be present at your poster during the official poster session, from 12:00 to 14:00.
3. Please consult the online program a few days before the meeting for your assigned poster number.